What is Green Burial:
Minimum environmental impact and conserves resources. An eco-friendly burial. The body is placed in a coffin that is biodegradable or shroud and interred without a concrete vault. This is a natural burial of a dead person in the soil that does not compromise the decomposition of the body but allow it to be naturally recycled.
Writing a Eulogy:
A statement that praises someone or something highly of someone who has died.
What is a Mausoleum:
The decomposition process occurs above ground a final resting place above the ground. It contains one or many crypts or burial spaces for the whole body and cremation ashes a variety of factors will influence the costs.
Burial Insurance Policy:
Usually refer to whole life insurance policy. Death benefits to provide money for funeral and burial costs for themselves and/or family members.
Consists of four components: Advance Directives or living wills, appointing durable power of attorney for health care, document for distribution of assets, specify preferences for type and place of care
Basic services fee for the funeral director and staff charges for other services and merchandise and cash advances.
Burial and Cremation:
Burial: Final disposition whereby a dead body is placed into the ground
Cremation: Final disposition whereby the body is placed is an appropriate casket or acceptable rigid container. The container is placed into a furnance or retort.
- Legal Zoom: Legalzoom.com/search wills
- Life Insurance Policy of your choice
- National Hospice: Nhpco.org click n information for Patients & Family-Caregivers
- Five Wishes: Fivewishes.org
- Veterans Burial Forms: www.va.gov/burials-memorials/
- A statement detailing a person’s desires of their medical treatment when they are notable to express informed consent especially an advance directive
- Legal Zoom website
A living will, medical power of attorney and personal directive are legal documents whereby a person specify actions taken for their health if they are not able to make decisions for themselves because of illness or incapacity.
Life Insurance Policy:
- Term and Whole: Insurance companies
- Burial Alternatives: Insurance companies
- Military Burial: VA website
- Planning Your Own Funeral Arrangements: Make your wish. fivewishes.org
Some Useful Links:
- Family Checklist
- Family Needs Checklist
- Fema Documents
- Financial Hardship Sample Letter Please see the Service Tab (first block regarding financial assistance). Information will be gathered and justified. Also, there is a limit due to the number of people we assist. Thank you.
- Fema Covid Website